This Week in Consulting
Wednesday,March 13th, 2019
Supply Chain Planning 4.0: Supercharge your supply chain planning performance
THIS WEEK’S MUST READ
“SCP 4.0 envisions a lean, responsive and digitized setup that fosters data-driven business decisions. It hinges on an agile organization backed by an interconnected system landscape, providing accurate source-to-shelf visibility in real time.”
In a fast-paced and dynamic world, change is the only constant. Manufacturing companies that control their own production must ensure that their supply chain planning (SCP) systems are flexible enough to navigate the complexities that this changing world presents, particularly in the age of digitization. Unfortunately, many firms use outdated supply chain planning practices that reduce their operational efficiency and damage their financial performance.
This Week’s Must Read is an insight piece from Roland Berger, in which the consultants discuss how companies can prepare for these challenges – and even profit from a rapidly changing business environment – by implementing a contemporary and future-ready supply chain planning setup. In a word, SCP 4.0.
Read on to Find out More: “Supply Chain Planning 4.0“, Sven Siepen, Roland Berger.
THIS WEEK’S VIDEO:
The fourth industrial revolution is upon us: machines infused with intelligence. This transformation will transform how manufacturing works today, making it 30% faster and 25% cheaper because a machine will know when it makes a mistake and will correct itself.
INDUSTRY NEWS & INSIGHTS
- Cognizant Acquires Meritsoft : International consultancy Cognizant has announced it has acquired FinTech innovation firm Meritsoft, for an undisclosed fee. The Dublin-based firm specializes in RegTech, tax, post-trade and data analytics solutions, and has worked for a number of the world’s premier capital market institutions. | Cognizant
- Sia Partners Acquires Loft9 : Paris-based management and technology consulting firm has acquired Seattle-based Loft9, strengthening its tech-driven consulting platform. The move is a part of a strategy to breach a headcount of 500 consultants in the US by the end of 2020. | Businesswire
- EYP Announces Willdan’s Intent to Acquire Subsidiary, The Weidt Group : Anaheim-based engineering and consulting firm Willdan Group has signed a letter of intent to acquire The Weidt Group – the energy practice of Albany-based design and engineering firm EYP. The firm was an attractive acquisition because of its multi-decade relationships with utilities in a number of states where Willdan didn’t previously operate. | EYP
- Baringa and EY advise on funding round of FinTech firm DivideBuy :Consulting firms Baringa and EY were among the professional services firms to have advised on investment in FinTech company DivideBuy. The firms were engaged by Souter Investments to provide commercial and financial support, respectively. | Consultancy.uk
On the same theme,here is a selection of conferences that you might find useful
Supply Chain Industry week: Specific Sessions focused on addressing the critical challenges and opportunities. Discussion Groups to enable more extensive peer-to-peer networking whilst deep diving into your most critical business issues…
Gartner Supply Chain Executive Conference 2019: The 2019 Gartner Supply Chain Executive Conference shows how supply chain leaders can deliver sustainable commercial success in this bold, new world. Whether you’re trying to innovate your supply chain operations, enable a deep transformation or expand on your current digital initiatives, this year’s conference will help you determine how and where to concentrate your efforts, from technology to leadership.
- 6 Ways industry 4.0 is disrupting the Supply Chain: The arrival of Industry 4.0 is heralding the next era in supply chain management, in which suppliers and customers come together in entirely new ways, blurring the lines between the digital and physical worlds and erasing traditional organizational boundaries. | BDO International
- The rise of the digital supply network :Change is often hard, but the digitization of information and the application of advanced innovative technologies present the opportunity to drive business value throughout the supply chain. Moreover, digital disruption can change supply chains in any industry. To avoid becoming a victim of disruption, it helps to understand these shifts and adapt accordingly. | Adam Mussomeli, Doug Gish and Stephen Laaper,Deloitte
- Strategic supplier relationships, sustainability and digitalization: five procurement trends for 2019-With 2018 behind us, many organizations will undoubtedly look back and assess the challenges they faced, the hurdles they were able to overcome, and their achievements. From working closely with international businesses across a variety of sectors – manufacturing to retail, CPG to life sciences – here are insights into procurement can expect in 2019. | Swarna Rao, The Smart Cube
- Industry 4.0: How digitization makes the supply chain more efficient, agile, and customer-focused -The supply chain today is a series of largely discrete, siloed steps taken through marketing, product development, manufacturing, and distribution, and finally into the hands of the customer. Digitization brings down those walls, and the chain becomes a completely integrated ecosystem that is fully transparent to all the players involved — from the suppliers of raw materials, components, and parts, to the transporters of those supplies and finished goods, and finally to the customers demanding fulfillment. | Stefan Schrauf, Philipp Berttram, Pwc
Consulting Quest wishes to organize a series of webinars with experts, if you are interrested and / or if you wish to make your contribution, please contact us by clicking below. Thank you !
- New breed of fluid and agile consultancies challenging large consultants:“Large consultancy firms are fundamentally broken and they are ripe for reinvention”. Read on to see how a new breed of more agile consultancies are challenging the big players. | Consultancy.uk
- Top 6 Articles About Agile to Read Today:Take some time to brush up on the basics of Agile and how you can use it to improve your dev cycles. | Christie Lindstrom, Basis Technologies
- The Rules of the Consulting Resume :Once you’ve set your sights on consulting as a career path—and figured out what type of firm you would like to work for—the next step is to get your resume ready. | Alexandra Nuth, ATB Financial
- 9 Consultant Skills They Don’t Teach You In Business School: Ways to deflect the divas, how to translate the “blah blah blah”–you won’t find any of these tips in a college textbook. | Nathalie Kleinschmit, Prairie Mix
- Are you a Consultant with Supply Chain background or prior experience working in Retail/CPG? This may be the opportunity you have been long for. A Client of Consulting Quest – an Asia-based small Global Consulting Firm – is seeking to hire an Engagement Manager to join their newly established office in New York City. Learn More
Consulting Quest is a global, performance-driven consulting platform founded in 2014 by former members of top 10 consulting firms with the objective of reinventing consultancy performance. With a worldwide presence and a range of proprietary performance measurement tools, we help companies navigate the consulting maze. We work with Consulting Clients to increase their performance through consulting and Consulting Providers to help them acquire new clients and to improve their performance.
[et_social_follow icon_style=”slide” icon_shape=”circle” icons_location=”top” col_number=”auto” total=”true” outer_color=”dark”]
Hélène Laffitte is the CEO of Consulting Quest, a Global Performance-Driven Consulting Platform and author of “Smart Consulting Sourcing”, a step by step guide to getting the best ROI from your consulting. With a blend of experience in Procurement and Consulting, Hélène is passionate about helping Companies create more value through Consulting.